What’s better than french toast? Pumpkin Pie French Toast! Like all of the recipes I share, this was super easy. I had all of the ingredients at home already (other than the pumpkin puree), and I’m sure most of you will too. Marshall is pretty obsessed with bread right now so this breakfast was a major hit. I don’t give him sweets very often at all, so this was a big treat. He ate two slices! I found a few recipes on Pinterest, but most of them didn’t call for cinnamon! I also think those recipes had just a little bit too much milk. This breakfast only took me about 30 minutes to make and the smile on Marshall’s face was worth every minute!
Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 25 minutes Total: 30 minutes Yield: 8 slices
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 8 slices of bread
- 3 tbsp butter
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: Maple Syrup and Whipped Cream on top
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, and salt until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium-low heat and add a tbsp of butter.
- Dip a slice of bread into the mixture, allowing to soak on each side for about 30 seconds.
- Cook each slice for about 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Once they’re cooked, serve with butter, maple syrup, and whipped cream.
What are your favorite pumpkin treats for the Fall? Have you tried Pumpkin Pie French toast before? Let me know in the comments, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you try this recipe out!
Enjoy! Happy Fall, y’all!