Back when I was nursing my son, I made energy bites – or boobie bites – ALL the time! I first heard about them on the Facebook group, Milky Mamas. (If you’re looking for breastfeeding help or support, I highly suggest joining that group. I learned so much from those ladies). I normally make simple peanut butter and chocolate chip bites, but with fall almost upon us, I thought I’d play around with a pumpkin flavored version. And man, did they turn out GOOD!
These energy bites are delicious and ridiculously easy to make. Oats and flax seed are great for milk production, which is why I recommend these to breastfeeding moms, but you certainly don’t have to be breastfeeding to enjoy them. For an extra milk boost, you can add a teaspoon of brewer’s yeast to the recipe, but please note that brewer’s yeast has a very distinct taste.
- 1 1/4 cup of oats
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of flax seeds
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of organic coconut sugar
- *optional: 1 tsp brewer’s yeast (for milk production)
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper. Roll the mixture into balls (this recipe makes about 12-15 bites) and place on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the tops of each bite with a dash a cinnamon and a little organic coconut sugar.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to help them solidify.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer.
And you’re done! Super easy, right? They’re great to have around as a quick snack. I hope everyone enjoys these as much as I do, and if you’re breastfeeding, I hope they give you a little supply boost. And remember not to share these with your baby under 12 months old, because of the honey!
If you try this recipe out, leave a comment below with any suggestions or comments, and be sure to tag me on Instagram @mymomtasticlife. Happy fall, y’all!